Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps)
PANTAWID PAMPAMILYANG Pilipino Program (4Ps) is a poverty reduction and social development strategy of the national government that provides conditional cash grants to extremely poor households to improve their health, nutrition and education particularly of children aged 0-14. The program is currently being implemented by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
4Ps has dual objectives:
- Social Assistance - to provide cash assistance to the poor to alleviate their immediate need (short term poverty alleviation); and
- Social Development - to break the intergenerational poverty cycle through investments in human capital.
4Ps operates in 45 provinces covering 255 municipalities and 15 key cities. At present, 700,000 households are enrolled in the program and are receiving cash grants.
4Ps provides cash grants to the beneficiaries as follows:
- P6,000 a year or P500 per month per household for health and nutrition expenses; and
- P3,000 for one school year (10 months) or P300/month per child for educational expenses. A maximum of three children per household is allowed.
- A household with three qualified children receives a subsidy of P1,400/month during the school year or P15,000 annually as long as they comply with the conditionalities. The cash grants shall be received by the most responsible person in the household, usually the mother, through a Land Bank cash card.
- Residents of the poorest municipalities based on 2003 Small Area Estimates (SAE) of the National Statistical Coordination Board (NSCB);
- Households whose economic condition is equal to or below the provincial poverty threshold.
- Households that have children 0-14 years old and/or have a pregnant woman at the time of assessment;
- Households that agree to meet conditions specified in the program.
Budget Alloted for the project
A budget of P10 Billion a year has been allotted for 70,000 family beneficiaries.
Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program Management Office
4th Floor Department of Social Welfare and Development
Constitution Hills, Batasan Complex Quezon City
Tel. No. 931-8108 local 422
Source: Department of Social Welfare and Development
Go to 4Ps Selection Process